2021 is already here. It is time to forget about the horror of 2020 for good and begin a fresh start in life. You may have set your new year resolutions in hopes of conquering this year.
Along with your financial, physical, and emotional goals, why not make a goal to keep your home pest-free throughout the year?
Sounds silly, right? But Why wait till an infestation invades your home?
This goal will save you headaches in the future because pest issues can happen anytime, even though they vary by season. While spiders and mice are prevalent in the winter months, ticks, ants, and mosquitoes are more common once the weather gets warmer. Therefore, we have compiled a list of tips that you can follow to ensure a pest-free New Year.
7 Tips for a Pest-Free Year
A pest control plan helps you reach that pest-free year goal giving you peace of mind. Listed below are 7 handy home pest control tips for keeping your home free from any damaging and nuisance pests throughout the year.
- Outdoor Cleaning: It is crucial to clean and pest-proof the exterior of your home during the winters. Remove any dead bushes, branches, or fallen leaves you see in your yard. You can also clear out the debris from the gutters to keep the pests away.
- Firewood Storage: Woodpiles are the most common hidey-hole for pests. It is advisable to store the firewood at best 20 feet away from the house. Also, make it a point to brush it off before carrying it indoors. Doing this will keep the unwanted invaders away.
- Mind the gaps: Detect the possible pest entry areas and seal them up. You can do this by installing door sweeps or weather stripping around the exterior’s doors, caulking the gap between the floor and the door. This will minimize the airflow from outside and blocks the entry of pests. Also, check for crevices and cracks in the exterior areas where pipes and utilities enter.
- Kitchen Clean-up: One of the main reasons why hungry pantry pests such as cockroaches and mice are attracted to your home is the spilled food particles all over your kitchen. You can avoid this by cleaning your kitchen regularly after every meal, and by removing the crumbs and spills, and storing all your food in airtight containers.
- Wire it up: Carefully inspect for any damaged wires, chewed insulation, and replace them immediately. Also, look for any early signs of pests such as gnaw marks, droppings, etc. T
- Daily Cleaning: Regular dusting, sweeping, and vacuuming of your home removes any existing spider webs, carpet beetles, ants, etc. Organize your clutter from the unvisited areas of your home, such as the attic, garage, attic, basement, and storage rooms. Daily cleaning ensures a clean household. Doing this will keep pests away from your home.
- Timely Pest Control Services: Getting pest control done regularly by professionals will ensure year-round pest prevention. A professional pest control team inspects your home thoroughly, detects signs of any potential pest infestation, evaluates your pest management needs, and provides effective treatments to target pests eliminate pest problems.
The sum it up, preventative care is always the best way to ensure a pest-free in the new year! The aforementioned handy tips will help in pest prevention. That said, if pests still sneak into your home despite all efforts, call us today and be worry-free.
Have a Pest-Free New Year!