- Seal cracks and holes on the outside of the home using a silicone-based caulk, steel wool or a combination of both.
- Install door sweeps on exterior doors and repair damaged screens.
- Replace weather-stripping and repair loose mortar around basement foundations and windows.
- Screen vents and openings to chimneys.
- Keep basements, attics and crawl spaces well ventilated and dry.
- Clean out leaves and other debris from the gutters, which can serve as the perfect pest harborage site.
- Properly landscape by keeping shrubbery and tree branches trimmed 6-8 feet from the roofline.
- If you suspect an infestation, contact your local pest professional.
Download our pest identifier app on iTunes or Google Play!