- 63% of American homes contain allergens from cockroaches. That number increases to as many as 78% to 98% of homes in urban areas.
- Mice also spread potent asthma triggers, found in 82% of homes.
- Nearly 25 million Americans suffer from asthma.
- 60% of asthma cases are “allergic-asthma.”
- Asthma is the most common chronic disease among children.
These staggering statistics demonstrate how hidden allergens from common household pests can put us at risk for serious (and potentially life-threatening) diseases.
Help your family breathe easier. Watch our new public service announcement offering information on safeguarding the health and safety of families from household pests. The campaign is a joint effort by the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America and the National Pest Management Association.