Tips on Finding a Pest Management Professional
Interested in finding a qualified pest management professional? Here are some helpful tips for locating the right professional pest control service:
- Look for qualified and licensed pest control professionals and companies that are members of national, state or local pest management associations.
- Ask friends and neighbors to recommend professional pest control companies they have used successfully and how satisfied they were with the service.
- Ask to see proper licensing and credentials from the pest management professional that comes to solve your pest problem.
- If a sizable amount of money is involved, get bids from several pest management professionals.
- Don’t rush a decision. Since you are paying for professional pest control advice, as well as skillful treatment, look for someone whose judgment you can trust.
- Before signing a contract, be sure to fully understand the pest species, the extent of the infestation and the work necessary to solve the problem.
- Find out if the pest control company has liability insurance to cover any damages to your house or furnishings during treatment.
- If a guarantee is given, know what it covers, how long it lasts, what you must do to keep it in force, and what kind of continuing professional pest control, prevention and management are necessary.
- Buy value, not price. Do not make a purchasing decision based solely on the lowest cost.
- Homeowners can call state pest management regulatory agencies for information regarding the status of professional pest control companies. In most states the regulatory agency is the State Department of Agriculture.
- Check the Better Business Bureau for complaints or accolades to help form your decision. Consumers can also consult online databases such as Service Magic, Angie’s List, Yelp!, etc. to get a broader picture of consumer sentiment.