Tips on Finding a Pest Management Professional
Interested in finding a qualified pest management professional? Here are some helpful tips for finding the right professional pest control service:
- Evaluate pest control professionals and companies that are members of national, state or local pest management associations.
- Ask friends and neighbors to recommend professional pest control companies they have used successfully and how satisfied they were with the service.
- Always deal with a qualified and licensed pest control company. Consider asking to see the license or other credentials of the pest management professional that comes to solve your pest problem.
- If a sizable amount of money is involved, get bids from several pest management professionals.
- Don’t rush a decision. Since you are paying for professional pest control knowledge as well as skillful application of pesticides, look for someone whose judgment you can trust.
- Before signing a contract, be sure to fully understand the nature of the household pest to be exterminated, the extent of the infestation, and the work necessary to solve the problem.
- Find out if the pest control company has liability insurance to cover any damages to your house or furnishings during treatment.
- If a guarantee is given, know what it covers, how long it lasts, what you must do to keep it in force, and what kind of continuing control, prevention and management are necessary.
- Buy value, not price. Beware of companies that offer bargains that sound too good to be true.
- Be wary of companies that comes to your home uninvited and offers to give your house a free inspection for pests. They may try to scare you into authorizing immediate and costly treatments.
- Homeowners can call state pest management regulatory agencies for information regarding the status of professional pest control companies. In most states the regulatory agency is the State Department of Agriculture.