Experts from Arizona Pest Control recommend the following tips to avoid ant infestations:
- Eliminate sources of moisture or standing water near a home.
- Keep tree branches and other shrubbery well trimmed and away from the house.
- Seal cracks and holes on the outside of the home.
- Store firewood at least 20 feet away from the house and five inches from the ground.
- Keep food in sealed containers and dispose of garbage regularly.
- Keep pet food and water dishes clean and remove any spilled food.